How to calculate taxes on mobile phones you bringing to Pakistan.
First thing first, you can bring 1 (one) phone along with you without any taxes or duties to pay. Yes, if you are bringing additional phones with you, you need to pay as follows. Also remember, you are allowed 05 (five) phones in a year.
For every cell phone, these are the various taxes that you will be liable to pay.
1. Customs Duty = PKR 250 Fixed
2. Regulatory Duty (Based on phone prices in USD)
- If $1 to $60 = PKR 250
- If $61 to $130 = 10% of Mobile value
- If $130+ = 20% of the Value of the Phone
3. Sales Tax = PKR 1500
4. Additional Sales Tax = 3% Fixed
5. IT Duty = 9%
6. Mobile Levy (based on phone prices in PKR)
if cell phone value is PKR 10,000 to 40,000 = mobile levy will be PKR 1000
If PKR 40,000 to 80,000 = PKR 3000
If Over PKR 80,000 = PKR 5000
7. Provincial Tax = 0.9%
Add the above values and you will get the exact tax value that you’ll have to pay.